I blogged a while back about my lighter lasagne white is made with turkey, bacon & leek in a cream and white wine sauce. Two of us in the house really love it but not everyone is as keen. In general, I really like lasagne, but Mr P finds a beef lasagne a bit heavy and the TBL one a bit too creamy. So I came up with yet another version of lasagne that seems to please every one in the house! (hallelujah to that!)
Chicken and pesto Lasagne
It uses Chicken or Turkey mince, a standard size pack from the supermarket (around 300/400g I think)
a couple of carrots
a couple of peppers (any colour except green)
an onion
a carton of passata
a small jar of green pesto.
a stock cube (chicken or veg)
a splash of balsamic
a squeeze of tomato puree
Basic white sauce (about a pint)
Grated cheese of your choice
Fry off the mince in a large pan. Top and tail the carrots cut into chunks, de-seed and quarter the peppers, peel a roughly chop the onion. Put all the veggies, passata, pesto, vinegar, stock cube into the food processor. Whizz into an almost but not quite smooth sauce. Pour over the mince and turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
Make a basic white sauce (I use about 25g/1oz of butter and the same of plain flour and make a roux, add a pint of milk and whisk continuously until you get a smooth white sauce) check seasoning add a little salt/pepper/nutmeg to taste.
Layer the mince mixture with lasagne sheets. I use a 23cm square pyrex dish and get about three layers of pasta in. Top off with a final layer of pasta. Pour on the white sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 180c/gas4 for about 35 minutes.
Sorry for the lack of pictures!! But I just wanted to share the recipe! Quick, simple and very very tasty. Yummy enjoy! :o)
Sounds delish. will have to give that a go :-)
ReplyDelete