Wednesday, 11 July 2012

The Gallery - FOOD

This weeks Gallery theme is food, how could I not take part!!??!! Food has always played a huge role in my life. I come from a family that loves food and feeding!!! I grew up with a love of cooking and baking as my Dad formerly a chef in The Royal Navy, never lost his love of food and cooking and my Mum, a keen baker worked in a bakery for much of my childhood. I'm so pleased that they took the time to teach and encourage me to cook, and it's something I've had the chance to pass on to others, through work or friendships.

As many of you know we (Mr P & I) are in the process of setting up our own Coffee Shop, which once open will sell home made cakes and pastries. Contrary to belief it's not me that will be doing the bulk of the baking. Mr P has thrown himself into learning many processes that have produced fantastic results and it's him, not me that will be in charge of the kitchen. So I'll leave you with some images of just some of the amazing things he's made over the past few weeks. When you're done, pop on over to Sticky Fingers to see all the other great entries.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Double Choc Berry Heaven

Chouxchouxbedoo buns! Lemon meringue, caramel, coffee & chocolate flavours

Raspberry & White choc macaroons

Lemon Macaroons




Sour Dough Bread

Individual Quiches

Apple, cinnamon & custard tarts

Mint Choc Chip Eclairs
Pistachio cake
A variety of Whoopie pies

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I want to steal Mr P! These are just mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not ready to part with him yet!! ;o) But he's done a great job. He's a carpenter & joiner by trade but is rapidly becoming a self taught pastry chef! :o)

    ReplyDelete