I felt the need to get out for a while on Monday. We'd had a lovely weekend but had spent most of it at home so we decided to try out somewhere new. I'd heard
Heaton Park mentioned quite a bit recently and decided that would be the place to go.We weren't disappointed. It's a beautiful and huge park with lots of different areas. There really was something for everyone. Lots of open grass areas, paths to cycle along,landscaped gardens, horses & ponies to pet, play areas and best of all
 |
The Bluebell Woods
|
there was a wonderful woodland area. Big enough to wander round but not so big you feared getting lost! There were paths and streams to follow and so many little hideaways. I think we could of happily spent the entire time just in that area of the park alone
 |
| Cloudless blue sky above |
 |
| The sun just filtered through |
 |
| Hidden tropical colours |
Although it was a lovely sunny day we've been having strong, chilly winds. The trees sheltered us from them but allowed the warm sunshine to filter through.
We'll definitely be going back through the summer and I'm already thinking how beautiful it will look in the Autumn when the leaves are changing.
Gorgeous photos! I love the sunshine pouring through the trees.
ReplyDeleteHa! You found more bluebells than we did!
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely - I'm sure I've been there as it sounds familiar - it was in my youth so quite hard to remember as it was so long ago!
xx