Thursday, 5 May 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

Well here I am, writing my first Blog. I've thought for ages about writing one, often sat with my laptop open looking at blogger.com & wondering where to start.
Which background, template, colour, font etc all running through my mind. "Will anyone read it?" I wonder and does it matter if they don't??! I'm guessing that none of it really matters. It's something I'm doing for me more than anything. It will be like keeping a diary, which I have tried on and off since childhood with little success, never keeping it up for more than a few months or weeks at a time, but with the best of intentions. Maybe this will be different. A Blog doesn't have a blank page with a date, expecting to be filled in daily, a blank page that if left uncompleted looks a little unloved. A Blog, I think will be more lenient if left for a few days or even a week or two, or so I'm hoping!
This will be the place where I record and share the things I make, do and see.
I have friends who write wonderful Blogs here and here. To me they're like reading a magazine article on a coffee break without having to flick through until you find an interesting bit! And I hope, once I get the hang of it that my blog will be a little like that too. So here I am!

2 comments:

  1. Well hellooo to Blogland!
    Looking forward to reading more on my coffee breaks!
    G
    xx

    ReplyDelete