This weeks Gallery theme is Black and white. So I decided to share the few original black and white photo's that I own, or have copies of. I really couldn't just choose one, sorry, but it was impossible. So I'll keep the words to a minimum and let the pictures do the talking.
 |
| My Paternal Grandfather. Taken around 1918 in Egypt |
 |
My Paternal Grandparents on their wedding day I'm guessing Pre 1920
|
 |
| My Dad with his Dad (he never lost that cheeky smile!) |
 |
| My Mum Aged 17 |
 |
| Dad in his Navy uniform aged 17 |
 |
| My Mum, she always was my Dad's pin-up girl |
Make sure you pop over to
Sticky Fingers to see the other great Gallery posts too :o)
They are utterly gorgeous. There is something so magical about an original black and white photo. You're so so lucky to have these as photos were quite rare back in the day. Brilliant
ReplyDeleteMy family set up is a bit strange. Maybe I should do a blog about it one day!! My parents were 'older' when they had me, hence the even 'older' grandparents. Just a pity I never met any of them x
ReplyDeleteGrandparents that is.....obviously I met my parents. Just thought I should point that out!
ReplyDeleteWow, your Mum looks stunning in that last photo! I imagine alot of men would've liked a pin up girl like her! great photos! Nat
ReplyDeleteGreat photos - I have a collection like this, I really must put them in an album and work out dates - this has should me what lovely treasures old photos are.
ReplyDeleteHow lucky to have all those lovely old photo's and your Mum was a real pin up...How cool and glamorous she was!
ReplyDelete