I lost my lovely Mum around 15 months ago and as anyone who has lost a loved one will tell you, some days are harder than others. The weekend surrounding Mothers Day was incredibly hard for me.
In some ways it's made even harder by the fact that I too am a Mum, so the day could not be ignored. The children wanted to make a fuss of me by making breakfast and giving me their lovely home made cards and gifts. Mr P arranged for some flowers from them all and it would have been very wrong for me to deny them 'their' Mothers Day.
Everyone pitched in and took on the tasks that are usually mine (laundry, dishwasher duties, cooking, cleaning etc) and made sure that I really did have a restful day.
The only task I carried out was to decorate some cakes that I had made for Mr P's Mum. The bitter/sweet part of this was, I got to use my Mum's vintage Kenwood Chef for the first time. I only wish I'd been making cakes for both our Mums.
| Mothers Day Cupcakes |

Sorry to hear your week's been so difficult, hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete(Gorgeous cakes by the way!)
A lovely post J - you have really captured the sadness of having this day without your own Mum but also the kindness and love from your own children. Bittersweet indeed. xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks N, I hope in time the rawness will ease & Ill be able to look back at the happy times without feeling sad xx
DeleteSorry to hear that you no longer have your Mum and Dad. Hope that you can use these 'marking' days to remember all the happy memories of things you did together. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks Janice,
DeleteThey were 'older' parents. They were 46 when I was born & in many ways I'm lucky I had them as long as I did x