Sunday, 25 March 2012

March Madness

What is the weather doing?! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, far from it. This weekend has been like a dose of summer and very welcome.
I've felt like I've had a black cloud hanging over me this past few weeks and no matter what I've just not been able to shake it. This wasn't helped by a tummy bug going through most of us in the family, leaving me feeling wrung out. So a weekend full of sunshine was very much what the Doctor ordered.
On Saturday I had offered to help at a tea and cake charity event organised by our local Clandestine Cake Club, in aid of the Marie Curie Charity. I baked a cake and went along to help serve tea from vintage teapots.
Mr P's lovely Mum came along to support the event and M came along to keep her company. It was lovely chatting to all the people who had come along to support the event and have tea and cake on a sunny afternoon. We raised a fantastic £750 for the charity too!

We came home to find Mr P, his Dad and the children in the garden. The children had cleaned the trampoline and were having a good bounce while Mr P and his Dad had installed a new swing so a good day all round.

Today we all stayed at home and again there was lots of activity in the garden. I baked in the kitchen, while the children were out in the garden in bikinis, IN MARCH! they were bouncing, swinging, reading on the blankets they'd put out on the grass, it really was like a summers day. This afternoon we got the summer clothes out of storage in the loft and went through them to see what still fit and what needed to find a new home. As M said to me, it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since we packed them all away, or since we had our last day of summer.
Mr P was very busy indeed, building what will be a hen house for the bottom of the garden.
He's building the house from wood that would have been discarded at work so this fits in perfectly with our current budget for project 'Hen House'(ie. Zero!)  although someone in the family has other ideas and thinks that Mr P is building something for an entirely different purpose......
"It's for me, right?"
Poor Felix! He's been sunbathing on it since Mr P stopped work for the day, silly old cat.

I hope you had a lovely weekend in the sunshine where you were. Lets hope this fine weather carries on into April.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the CCC Charity event went well, £750 is brilliant result!

    I'm also impressed with your hen house, I'm sure all those eggs will come in handy for cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hen house is only just started, but it's great to see it taking shape! Very excited that we're getting hens!

    ReplyDelete