I wanted to make several things for people for Christmas this year and just as I was thinking about dusting off the sewing machine a friend of mine asked me if I'd make a cushion for a friend of hers who had just had a baby. The baby was a little girl, born on a special date, 11.11.11 So I quite happily agreed to make a bright girly cushion embroidered with her name & DOB. It was the first time I'd been asked to make something for someone. Usually I just make them for
gifts. Unfortunately I only took one picture of the cushion and then deleted it in error so I don't have a picture to show of it.
MB's Mum also had a baby at the beginning of December, a baby boy named George. I decided to make a cushion as a gift to mark his arrival too. For him I used various shades of blue.
 |
| For George |
I was quite pleased with how this cushion turned out. It was a little different from my usual random cushions, more like traditional patchwork.
Making the two cushions was a bit like a warm up for all the other gifts I had planned one of which was my first ever quilt! I'll Blog about that next.
No comments:
Post a Comment