A while back I posted a RBOK, Random Bake of Kindness for Stuart,(the lovely man from the garage who fixed my car in about an hour without it being booked in) and his staff. Well I've been baking for him again!
We looked into getting my car converted from petrol to LPG. Stuart gave us advice and put us in touch with another local garage who carries out such work. He took Mr P to the other garage to see about getting it converted AND more amazingly he loaned me a car while the other garage carried out the work. What does Stuart get out of all this.........nothing. He hasn't charged for his time, or for lending me the car, without which I would not have been able to get to work this week. So I felt more cake was in order.
I decided on some kind of ginger cake. No particular reason, I just felt like it!
I looked on line for a ginger cup cake recipe and found this one. It's not from a blog I follow, or anyone I know I just found it randomly. My only question was how many cakes would it make? The answer to the question is 17 nice sized cupcakes.
I substituted chrystallised stem ginger for the kind in syrup, as that's what I had. It worked fine and I cooked them for about 17 minutes. Other than that I followed the recipe.
We taste tested one last night and they were nice. Moist and gingery, perfectly acceptable.
I decided to pipe them with cream cheese frosting and when I went to the tub to get them out the smell was devine. They had developed a sticky top and when I taste tested *cough* an iced one the flavour was totally different. They had improved in taste tenfold! They were now so much nicer than nice. They were a cake that I was reluctant to give away!
I topped off the cream cheese frosting with a tiny slice of stem ginger and seeing as I had made another cake to go with the cupcakes, I only gave away half a dozen.
![]() |
| Boxed up and ready to go |
The other cake was my old favourite that I've blogged about before, an almond and fruit cake just in case they don't like ginger.
Once again I almost lost my blog post in cyberspace and I've managed to retrieve it but it's a mess! So if you've read down this far, I thank you!


Gorgeous looking cakes, I really need more cake baking practice hmm and also an icing set lol xx
ReplyDeletethey're really easy to make & all you need to pipe are some disposable piping bags & a NO1 size tube. REALLY easy, honest x
ReplyDeleteSorry to be a pain but you couldnt give me your recipe for the frosting please thank you x
ReplyDelete