Even as a child I was given a tiny glass of sweet sherry to join in with the toast, a tradition I believe, was started by my parents who got engaged on Christmas day.
It was a toast to friends and loved ones that were no longer with us, or just simply couldn't be with us on that day, even if we were seeing them the next!
A simple idea that where ever we are, we all raise a glass at the same time to toast each other and for that few seconds we are united.
So I'm asking you, my friends & family to join us in a toast tomorrow. Lets carry on this lovely, simple tradition started by two wonderful people
![]() |
| Mum & Dad |

Merry Christmas I too will be making a toast to absent loved ones xx
ReplyDeleteOh Nina, such a lovely idea...We will be joining you as we raise a glass to our missing loved ones. Happy Christmas! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tradition. This time of year can be really difficult if you're not with loved ones, for whatever reason. I'll be joining you tomorrow, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteI'm raising a glass! x
ReplyDelete