I got hands on and did some of the painting, including the old fireplace we managed to keep. It's now had a lovely coat of black enamel and looks loved again!
Tables have been purchased and the tops are being sanded and stained to match the floors and counters. I'm pleased to say we managed to get recycled ones along with some recycled Bar chairs, for the breakfast bar and had them re-upholstered. We're quite proud of the fact that all of the furniture in the shop is recycled or reclaimed.
We've had a fair few deliveries over the past couple of weeks, ranging from small not very exciting items to our gorgeous patisserie cabinet and ice cream freezer and we've also managed to get a supply of some premium soft drinks. Not only are they great quality, but they're produced in the North (North East so not quite local but still produced closer to home than most soft drinks) but they are coming from a small local independent supplier no more than a mile or two away from the shop.
The phone line is now in, but I won't give you the number as we don't yet have a phone!
So I'll leave you with the pictures. if you have time go back over some of the old snippets and see the difference, I have to, just to remember what it looked like to start with!
| From back to front. Clean lines and straight edges with a widened arch |
| This arch has also been made wider to allow more light and space |
| View from the other side, Front to Back |
| Counter taking shape........ |
| Looking good! I'm so happy with how it looks Mr P has done an amazing job so far! |
Looking good xx
ReplyDeleteOh wow! What a fab job you are doing! Cant wait to see it all finished x
ReplyDeletewow wow wee wow! looks AMAZING! I love the beautifully curved counter, it all looks so bright and fresh-not long to go now!x
ReplyDeleteIt is really coming together. You must be getting so excited!
ReplyDelete