I love trying out and making up new recipes. A lot of the time I take a basic recipe and play around with it a bit to get something.....well, different! That's what happened with the Orange and Chocolate Marble cakes I made for my RBOK entry and I have to say they went down really well with everyone who tried them.
So today while cooking dinner and making our favourite cake I decided to make something for the children's lunch boxes. So with that in mind I had to make something reasonably healthy. So I came up with these apple crumbly cakes. I was asked to share the recipe by a Twitter friend, so here it is!
Ingredients
225g self raising flour
110g sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp apple sauce
1 or 2 eating apples cored but not peeled, finely chopped
Some muesli (any variety you like although plain oats would probably work just as well)
Put all the ingredients apart from the muesli into a food processor to combine.
Divide between approx 18 muffin cases
Sprinkle about a teaspoon of muesli on top of the mixture and bake in an oven at 180c/gas 4 for 18/20 mins until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake.
I'm pleased with the results. They're crunchy on top, moist in the centres but not too sweet, contain fruit, and not much fat, so reasonably healthy!

Link for orange chocolate marble cakes is taking you to my blog page. This is the link for the page with that recipe....sorry! http://bit.ly/nhhwLu
ReplyDeleteThese sound delicious! Thanks for posting!!
ReplyDelete