MB was spending the week with us so we had our full quota of children for the week. There were lots of things to fit in, some of them pretty routine but as is often the way they have to be done while were off from work/school.
We had trips to the park
![]() |
| Our Fabulous four |
![]() |
| Bruno taking a rest |
![]() |
| Beautiful Autumn colour |
We only had one whole day at home I had a job to do that I'd been putting off for a while. You can read about it here. I also had a couple of little sewing jobs to do and I'd promised L that we could make her Sock Monkey from a kit I'd got her for her birthday. We did it together and she's turned out pretty well, I think.
![]() |
| Careful does it! |
![]() |
| She's taking shape |
![]() |
| Ta Dah!!!!! |
![]() |
| A sign of things to come? |
And then came the big day, my birthday! It has to be said that by the time my birthday comes, I've usually run out of steam, but this year the children and Mr P had been plotting and planning so I went with it as they had all put in so much effort.
I got up to banners on the walls and balloons all over the floor, my gifts (there were a lot of them!) were all presented beautifully and the children were all so excited that you'd have thought it was their birthdays!
Each one had chosen gifts that they thought I'd like, without help from any other adults and I was so touched and amazed at what they'd chosen.
![]() |
| Felix trying to blend in |
Mr P ordered me some beautiful underwear from Victoria's Secret in America. It fits like it was made for me and made me feel very special.
After all my gifts and cards were opened L painted my toes for me and M made some lemon cupcakes. I'd decided that I'd like to go out for lunch instead of dinner so that's what we did. We headed to the local carvery for a nice roast dinner and we weren't disappointed. We all left rather full and came home for a relaxed afternoon doing nothing much, which was perfect.
Later on M presented me with the cakes she'd made. They were her first attempt at piping and I think she did a pretty good job.
![]() |
| Cakes on my new stand |
![]() |
| I'm more comfortable being on the other side of the cakes! |
It rounded of half term week really nicely. It's lovely just to have time to spend together as recently some of our weekends have been taken up with other things. The next time we're all off like this will be the Christmas holidays, which are getting ever closer. Thankfully another task we managed this week was the children writing Christmas lists, those shopping trips came in handy! I hope you all had a lovely half term too what did you get up to?










Sounds like a truly lovely week all round...and happy belated birthday to you (I Love the sock monkey, how good was that?). x
ReplyDeleteIt was Thank you! Sock monkey is tres cool!! there are others to be made in the book, all you need are some socks!! :o)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have had a lovely birthday what thoughtful gifts xx
ReplyDeleteI am a very lucky Mummy/stepmummy/girl! :o) x
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fab week and a wonderful Birthday! Your dog is gorgeous! Love the photos...Really lovely post x
ReplyDelete