The cake was made for my daughter L's 10th birthday. She's a lovely girl and rarely asks for anything out of the ordinary but this year she asked for a cake, made by me. I was a little stressed by this because I was just getting back into the full swing of work after the summer holidays and all the new routines that go with 'back to school' season. The best I could do was offer to make the cake on the weekend after her birthday. I simply couldn't fit it in during the week. She was happy with this as not only did she get two cakes, but she got to help make one and it was only a day late, so not too bad!
![]() |
| Genoese made in a 2lb pudding basin! |
Once we'd made all the body parts(legs, head and saddle) from chocolate fondant it was pretty easy to assemble.
![]() |
| Neigh!!!! |
I usually stick to what I call everyday cakes and I've only ever made two novelty cakes before this one. I have to say we did have a lot of fun making Neddy and he didn't actually take all that long.
And most importantly of all, the birthday girl was very pleased with him. So I guess the Twitter lovelies were right. It's not all about perfection. Good job really!!



Love it, and she will always remember this cake, you'll see! x
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it!! And I also love little Lauren's lovely face with it. Thank you so much for taking part in Cake of the Week x
ReplyDeleteWow...How fab is that and it looks very very complicated. I struggle with baking and christmas cake is my limit, hubby on the other hand is a dab hand with a mixing bowl.
ReplyDeleteHope your newly 10 yr old had a lovely birthday x
I loved my cake so much it was the best cake in the world and especially because my mum made it . Form L
ReplyDelete