Thursday, 26 January 2012

Liebster Award



The Liebster Blog Award is given to favourite blogs with under 200 followers. It comes from the German word 'Liebster' meaning beloved or dearest.
I still consider myself quite new to blogging and I do it mainly for me, as a kind of therapy and of course a way of sharing the things that I, and our family do. So imagine my surprise and delight at being given a Liebster award, I'd never heard of it and to be honest a lot of the time I forget that there are people that actually read what I write! 
I was given the award by Sarah of Tilly Mint Boutique, someone I met very recently when joining the WI (WISH)  Who I now know writes a lovely blog (I had a good look through, loved the Christmas Advent swaps!!)
So now that Sarah has nominated me, along with some other great blogs, I can now nominate my 5 favourite blogs in line with the rules of the award:


- Show thanks to the bloggers who awarded you by linking back to their blogs…
- Post your top 5 blogs and let them know by leaving a comment on their blogs…
- Post the award on your blog!


Even I can manage that!


So my first two awards go to The Philosophy of Lists and Moss Stitch. These are the blogs of two lovely ladies that I am lucky enough to call friends. We've known each other for around 12 years, and theirs were the first blogs I ever read. I treated them like a magazine article and would grab a cuppa and sit down to see what great things they'd been up to or places they had visited. They both write about many subjects and I find myself waiting for their next installment. I used to say, "I wish I could do that" and thanks to some words of encouragement and guidance from The List Writer, I do!


Next is The Syders who I stumbled across while reading another blog's post. It seems we have many things in common, Mama Syder and I, she's a really lovely lady whose blog often makes me laugh and frequently makes me cry. 


A Wannabe foodie the wonderful Juju, who started off as someone I followed on Twitter and now has become a real life friend. She's very clever and creative and she has great things coming in the pipeline. She's also really funny!


And last but not least Rising to the Berry. Lovely Anneliese is baking her way through Mary Berry's Baking Bible. I love reading about her successes and mishaps. She's a bit over half way now but there are many great recipes to come.


So there are my nominations. I think it's a lovely idea and I'm really grateful to Sarah for nominating me.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners! (popping off now to follow your links & visit the sites mentioned...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your award - your blog is great - off for a nosy on the links xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Thank you & Enjoy! They're great Blogs! x

    ReplyDelete