It was hard to choose just one picture, so I have two but they are connected, honest!!
Here's the first. A typical 1970's (love the outfits & decor!!) family snap of a newborn and her proud parents.
Well no one could blame you for thinking that, after all it's what it looks like. But actually what you are looking at is a picture of me, the baby, and my sister and brother, aged 25 and 23! My parents had me 'later', they were both 46 when I was born. There were many times when one of my siblings would be mistaken for a parent and I can remember them being so proud to say "No, she's my little sister!"
The next picture is this one
Again, I'm the little girl in the middle and the boy whose lap I'm sitting on is my nephew, Antony, my sisters son. Yes, that's right! My eldest nephew is eight years older than I am, so here I think we are about 2 and 10 years old. In fact by the time I was born my sister and brother had five children altogether, all my nieces and nephews!
Our family seems a bit strange to other people, but to us it's perfectly normal!
Pop over to see some of the other entries on Tara's Blog and don't forget your tissues!
![]() |
| Click Here |
.jpg)


Great story! That second pic is very cute. And what fun to have loads of nieces and nephews to play with. x
ReplyDeleteIt was great fun when we were all little! Like having lots of brothers & sisters most of the time & I used to insist on them calling me Auntie when I was being a little madam!! :o)
DeleteGreat photos and a great post!
ReplyDeleteHerding Cats
http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com
Thanks! :o)
DeleteWow. Coming from a tiny family, that's a bit hard to get my head around. How close are you to your sister and brother?
ReplyDeletePretty close! My brother lived away a lot when I was younger, but would always have me to stay & took me on hols etc when I was a child.
DeleteMy Sister was like a 2nd Mum when I was growing up. I spent a lot of time with her & her family when I was a child & stayed over for weekends etc, which was always fun. As I've got older we've become more like sisters than her being like a Mum, which is great :o) And I had her daughters to grow up with too!
Such a lovely post Nina. Love the photo's. I'm the eldest child so i can't imagine being the youngest with such a big age gap! I bet they adore you! x
ReplyDelete