Thursday, 16 February 2012

My Lucky Day!

Yesterday after our trip to the cinema to see The Muppets we were all relaxing when the postman came to the door with not one, but two parcels for me!
The parcels contained my prizes from the two blog competitions I won recently. I NEVER win things, NEVER, and here I was taking delivery of two prizes!

The first competition required me to make a comment on this lovely blogs 1st anniversary post. I did so because A) it's a great blog and B) I couldn't believe Susan had only been writing it for a year! It's wonderful!
The lovely people at BakingMad.com had teamed up with SilverSpoon to create a prize for Susan to give away.

This is what we received yesterday
There is two of everything! White stars, milk chocolate hearts. giant snowies (need to hide these from Mr P!) Fudge cubes, large blocks of milk chocolate cake covering, Jelly drops and Vanilla paste sachets! That should keep us going for a while!!

The first thing I'm planning to make are white chocolate and fudge blondies for pudding tomorrow night, I'll let you know how they go!

The second parcel was from the lovely Jacqueline at Cakeboule. I took part in her virtual Valentines Craft and Bake competition. You can see all the other amazing entries here and read about why mine was chosen as winner here. The trophy was made by Mr Cakeboule and is simply beautiful.
I really love it. I love wood and wooden things, as does Mr P (goes with the job I guess!) It's wonderfully smooth to touch and beautifully finished, so I'm very relieved to hear that I don't have to give it up next year!

All that's left is for me to say a huge thank you to both Susan and Jacqueline for running these great competitions!!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the box of Silver Spoon baking supplies! They should give you all sorts of culinary inspiration.

    And congratulations, your lovely trophy was well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Thanks! I was genuinely surprised I won after seeing the other entries filter through! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky girl you have been! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering my blogs first birthday giveaway, I am not normally a lucky person either so nice to see someone win a giveaway who is not a frequent winner.
    Loved the entry you did for the Valentines competition too and the trophy is really fabulous!
    Happy baking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan xx Really looking forward to using all our goodies (if I can stop the kids & Mr P from pinching them that is!!) xx

      Delete
  5. Well done you. That wooden heart is beautiful and I look forward to seeing your creations with the sugary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on both prizes!! The Valentine's competition win was well deserved - loved your entries :) Enjoy baking with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much, I was genuinely surprised and delighted! :o)

      Delete
  7. Wow what a great trophy! Congrats again on winning! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, gorgeous isn't it! x Glad tonight went well for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad you liked the prize Janine, do share some pictures of what you make with the ingredients :)
    BakingMad.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. will do! That lot will keep us going for ages!! Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great prizes both. Congratulations. The wooden heart is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a wonderful trophy you have there and well deserved too! Now what goodies are you going to make with all those Baking Mad treats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far jelly topped cupcakes for my neighbour & her children and fudge blondies as a dessert. The blondies didn't quite go according to plan, but they tasted amazing all the same!! Not sure whats next!

      Delete