Saturday, 4 February 2012

One of those days!

I'm having a rubbish day. I got up knowing that today probably wouldn't be a good one. I'm hoping to see some special friends tomorrow, but the weather is threatening that happening, which, to put it mildly is a real shame.

I don't have the use of my car today, but I had things to do. Mr P tried to help by going to the shop I needed to visit before he left for the day, but they weren't open and he couldn't wait.
I decided to take the children on the bus in to town, so we all got ready and wrapped up warm but the bus was early! Just as we were ready to leave the house to go and wait at the stop the bus went trundling past our house. If the next bus was on time it would have meant a 40 minute wait in the cold. We decided to walk it. It was cold and the white cold hail type stuff was stinging our faces, but we chatted as we walked along and got into town quicker than the next bus would have. I treated the children to a cheeky lunch in McDonald's. (Something they very rarely have) We ran our errands and we walked home. I wasn't prepared to stand around waiting for a bus when I had no clue of what time they would run or from which stop. Best keep moving and the children agreed.
We got in and were all frozen, but the dog's little face was begging me to take him for a walk. Since I've been out of work he comes on the school run each morning and we often go through the park before coming home. He hasn't quite realised the difference between week days and weekends and clearly thought he'd been accidentally left behind when we all went out this morning. So before I unwrapped my many layers of cold damp clothing I took him to the field behind the house. Luckily for me he is perfectly happy with a five minute run off the lead, because today that's all he was getting. So once he'd had his run and I was ready to get back in the warm we left the field for home. That's when I spotted this......
It literally stopped me in my tracks! Freezing or not I fished in my bag for my phone and took a snap before it got spoiled by the next car to come along. The marks had been made by a car using the turning circle at the end of the little road by the field. It almost cheered me up and I even managed a little smile!

In a slightly brighter mood, I came home changed my cold damp jeans for some warm comfy pants and offered the children a hot chocolate. They were so good while we were out and didn't grumble once so I made the chocolate extra special...
Hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, marshmallows, a cherry and chocolate flake sprinkles
We've all snuggled down in the lounge with various quilts and blankets for the rest of the day, each of us doing our own thing, but still all together.
The weather outside is not looking good and I have a real sinking feeling about tomorrow. It really has been one of those days!

8 comments:

  1. We haven't had any snow here yet, although its bitter cold. Love the tyre tracks...how cool is that! And the hot choccies look yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it when I saw it!! :o)

      Delete
  2. oh dear the snow as beautiful as it is doens't make for the best fo moods if you have to venture too far out in it... but how lovely are those track marks!! hope today is better for you and you keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was a much better day & I made it to my friends despite the weather!! :o) Thanks x

      Delete
  3. Can I come to your house for hot chocolate - looks wonderful - loved the pic of the snow tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is so lovely! It would brighten anyones day. I'm a big believer in hot chocolate and blankets being the perfect remedy for a bad day too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely!! We had a lovely day in the end :o)

    ReplyDelete